Nowadays, you have various options to get your hands on any cryptocurrency. Trading digital currencies can make you lots of money AND it has never been simpler! And although many people still like using a debit or credit card, investors are buying Ethereum with PayPal as cryptocurrency becomes widely accepted. How can you do the same?
Since 2020, PayPal aka the world’s #1 rapid online payment method has integrated the ability to buy cryptocurrency across all its platforms!
There are a couple of ways to purchase Ethereum instantaneously with PayPal on sites that offer you complete ownership. But, you must NOT use PayPal to buy Ethereum on exchanges that aren’t trustworthy.
Yes, this may change in the future, but for now, use PayPal to buy Ethereum only on trusted sites. In this article, we will discuss how to buy Ether with PayPal, and where to find PayPal-compatible cryptocurrency exchanges.
Let’s jump right in!
Buy Directly on PayPal App
You can definitely buy cryptocurrency on the PayPal app directly, however, the website only permits investors to swap the four most popular cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), and Ethereum (ETH), due to the volatility of cryptocurrencies.
- Step 1: Set up a PayPal account.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Crypto’ button and choose Ethereum from the available cryptocurrency options.
- Step 3: Make sure that your account has the appropriate funds in order for the transaction to be completed.
Buy Ether Via eToro
The eToro trading platform was originally a broker for contracts for difference (CFDs), but it has since expanded into the cryptocurrency trading market and is now one of the fastest-growing businesses of its kind.
Now, this platform is the first of many options for buying Ethereum with PayPal immediately. Some of the 14 cryptocurrencies and CFDs that can be bought include Ethereum, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ripple Dash, and Binance Coin.
It’s worth noting that it doesn’t support all cryptocurrencies. In any case, since it supports Ethereum, eToro is one of the easiest ways for newcomers to buy Ethereum with PayPal.
Disclaimer: Paypal payment is not available for US users. eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs, only real Cryptocurrencies are available for US users.
Follow these steps to buy Ether on the eToro platform.
- Step 1: Visit eToro’s desktop site or download the app from the site. Then, click “Register.” Create a username, email address, and password when it says “Create an account.”
- Step 2: After eToro confirms your email, submit your ID for KYC procedures.
- Step 3: Select “Deposit Funds” from the site. Note that the minimum Ethereum purchase amount on eToro is $10.
- Step 4: Choose PayPal after selecting the amount.
- Step 5: Type ETH or Ethereum in the search box, then click “Trade.”
- Step 6: Determine how much to spend (in US dollars; $10 minimum).
- Step 7: Click “Open Trade” when done.
PayPal and MetaMask’s Integration
PayPal launched a U.S.-exclusive Ethereum buying method in just a handful of clicks. Follow the easy steps below to buy Ether:
- Step 1: Login into the MetaMask browser extension, mobile app, or MetaMask Portfolio.
- Step 2: Click or tap “BUY” to get started.
- Step 3: Select country (the US only) and state (PayPal’s crypto services are available in 49 states; not in Hawaii).
- Step 4: Choose “PayPal” as your payment method.
- Step 5: Select ETH and enter the amount you want to buy (This is the only cryptocurrency currently available for purchase through PayPal on MetaMask).
- Step 6: Sign in to your PayPal account.
- Step 7: Select your payment option of choice: PayPal balance, eligible bank, or debit card.
- Step 8: Review the purchase and click “Confirm”.
Buy Ethereum with PayPal on Binance
The most popular cryptocurrency exchange is Binance, where users may buy and trade Ethereum and NFTs, among others. The platform provides traders with access to a wide variety of cryptocurrencies, from DeFi coins like Fantom to GameFi tokens like Axie Infinity, thanks to its extensive list of over 600 cryptocurrencies.
You can only buy Ethereum using PayPal on Binance P2P. Binance’s fee costs 0.1% of each trade, which is relatively low. Buying Ethereum or cryptocurrency without utilizing their exchange costs an additional 0.5%.
Finally, Binance serves diverse users, from cryptocurrency newbies to seasoned investors. It’s accessible to all users because of its vast variety of crypto assets and inexpensive transaction costs. On Binance, you may pay using PayPal to purchase Ethereum with ease.
Buy Ether on Crypto.com
When it comes to privacy, encryption, and a plethora of other useful features, Crypto.com is a frontrunner. This platform should be one of the options you think about if you want to buy Ethereum with PayPal.
From the greatest market capitalizations like Bitcoin and Ethereum to “hype” tokens like Dogecoin and Shiba Inu, Crypto.com has it all. Additionally, the platform’s staking advantages are well acclaimed.
In detail, staking is the practice of temporarily putting your cryptocurrency in an account where it will earn interest, much like a bank’s fixed deposit. As a result, you may earn up to 14.5% per year in interest at Crypto.com.
On top of that, Crypto.com facilitates the buying of Ethereum with PayPal. How? Those who have a Crypto.com Visa card may now load funds onto it using PayPal. They will be charged 2.1% for this, and it is processed immediately.
Additionally, while using the Crypto.com exchange, a maker/taker fee of 0.4% is charged. Coincidentally, PayPal users who want to deposit US dollars may do so through a bank transfer, since Crypto.com allows deposits of both US dollars and other fiat currencies.
Ethereum can be bought from certain users on the peer-to-peer network of LocalCryptos with PayPal, just like Bitcoin. However, in comparison to more conventional marketplaces, the possibility of fraud is far greater on such sites.
Keep in mind that the only thing standing between you and a successful scam is your wits. So, always look for reputable traders with an established history and a proven track record.
Buy Ethereum with PayPal using LocalBitcoins
Another option is to use a platform like LocalBitcoins, which acts as a decentralized Bitcoin marketplace for individuals to buy and sell bitcoins with one another.
Your luck in finding someone ready to trade Bitcoins for PayPal funds, which you can then convert into Ethereum, depends on who you approach.
To do so, you’ll need to open an account with an alternative cryptocurrency trading platform like Coinbase, Binance, Bittrex, HitBTC, Poloniex, KuCoin, or a similar service.
Which method is your favorite?